Monday, November 12, 2012

Visions of The Night


Author's Note: I am still in the process of analyzing this poem. Like all poems I write, there is always a hidden meaning behind the piece that I did not know while I was creating it. However, once each poem is finished, I feel as though, to really complete the poem, I must discover what I was unconsciously thinking at the time of composition. This particular piece was written on a Sunday night, when I realized that I actually had time to write. I miss having the time to simply write, enjoy the process, and discover my hidden thoughts. To fulfill this desire, I took the time I had on my hands and composed a piece while carefully listening to the noises coming from outside at night. There was so much, so many various emotions I could capture, yet I decided to take a more natural approach and challenge myself to just write. I wrote the piece without going back and rereading what I had; I wrote the piece without too much of a particular singular idea in mind. I am curious to know what I others thoughts are. 

Do not go out, do not go
Into the Night.
Street lamps burn, they burn and blaze
And flicker, and
Burn

The train zooms down the track
Lightening speed,
It seems.
Virtually nothing faster than that train,
As it blurs past my vision

The night sky,
The bushes, and streets,
And fields, and
Stars

Voices, sounds,
Coming from black --
Darkness, dim everywhere

It's vague

A pleasant, lovely nothingness,
Where nothing is quite certain,
Nothing quite clear, or known

The wind whispers,
Catching speed, making sound
In my ears
I am reminded,
I am not alone

I look up, light emerges
Beautiful orbs shine in deep blue clouds
Light is everywhere,
Has always been, everywhere

But to my eyes, the world is
Barely lit,
Nothing unveiled,
Too much left undiscovered,
In the Night sky, the bushes,
And streets, and fields,
And stars

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I love the reflection taking place in the author's note. This self-awareness is as important as the piece itself, and at times, may even surpass the relevance of the composition. Secondly, I see the similarity between the first stanza and "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night" by Dylan Thomas. Whether conscious or not, it really doesn't matter. There is beauty in the sound of the words, and the images. Finally, regarding meaning, it reads to me that there is some sense of uncertainty about the world around you, a desire to see the world more clearly, while also realizing that may not be possible, at least at this moment. There are symbols of time, and vision, and they lead me to that conclusion. In any case, as always, I love the whole process from start to finish, and I too, miss the time to write the way we used to:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like everything you write, this flows so well and it really captivated me while I was reading it. I could picture the whole scene unfolding. I think that are a lot of hidden meanings in this piece but it is really up to you which one is true.

    ReplyDelete