Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Stream of Consciousness: Name

    Author's Note: This stream of consciousness presented a slight challenge to me. I struggled a bit to immediately paint a clear picture in my mind, but as I just let the words release themselves from my thoughts and transfer them to my writing without thinking twice, I seemed to create a better flow. I noticed that a lot of the sentences I wrote had double meanings, and some metaphors, with which I was pleased. I wanted to leave some room for the reader to gather their own mental  picture.
    Plastered, all over slabs of concrete -- images, letters, words, more words. The colors eventually all blur together in a fantastic swirl of different shades, different moods, and feelings. To think someone, maybe years ago, maybe just moments, slipped through a fence of fear and wrote down all their built up thoughts -- released them all on this wall. Looking at it, I struggle to understand. Is there even meaning behind any of this scribbled nonsense? But in a way, it looks like a piece of art, and screams to me in strange voices. Scrawled out before me lies a world of misconception , of frightful thoughts transferred, disguised, into beautiful codes. Perhaps it is not meant to understand, but to simply look at from afar, and admire. The works of people I have never met speak to me, and I am listening. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the ending especially. For a while, I wasn't really sure where you were headed, and to be honest, I like that uncertainty. Then when the ending arrived, I felt a real sense of resolution. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete